Friday, March 3, 2017

Who The Heck is Kat, and Why Do I Care?

Who the Heck Am I?

Hi. I'm Kat, aka Miss Kat. I'm a Youth Services Librarian in Massachusetts. I primarily work with children and teens (ages 0-18), but I am also the Assistant Director (ooo, fancy!), so I do a little adult programming, and administrative stuff sometimes. But mostly kids and teens, and lots of programs.


And Why Do You Care?

Because I'm sharing my vast knowledge of programming with you. I've been doing this for a few years now, and I've got a ton of ideas that I have tried, and even more I haven't even touched yet. Let me know what you think!


(And What's With That Title?)

It's a joke. Or a tribute, I guess. See, there's a children's book called The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg, where these kids run away from home and - being wealthy and not wanting to actually do without creature comforts - spend a few nights at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. 

Anyway. I'm a little disorganized, mostly because I have a lot of ideas and never enough time to implement them all. So maybe this will help me organize my stuff, and help you because you can share it all.

No comments: